In the Hindu household, dusk and dawn, hold a special significance as far as prayer is concerned, as it is during this transition (From dawn to morning, and dusk to evening) that negativity needs to be burnt and righteousness welcomed.
Traditionally the ‘Aarti’ is performed during the morning and evening in a Hindu household.
The Aarti consists of a small flame, which burns on a wick, placed on a plate, which is rotated round the Deity.
The Ritual of the Aarti makes the light of the flame dispel darkness, the incense that is burnt gives out fragrance, a bell is rung, hands are clapped while one sings the Aarti. All the above is very good to ward of an evil eye!
The ‘Aarti’ reminds us of the greatness of the Lord, because the flame that we rotate is symbolic of the Cosmos (Sun, Moon, Stars) revolving around the Almighty paying obeisance to Him.
A beautiful prayer is sung, for the Lord of the Universe ‘Jagadeesh’.
Jagadeesha comes from 2 words ‘Jagat’ and ‘Eeshwara’
‘Jagat means ‘Creation’ and ‘Eeshwara’ means Lord.
Om Jaya Jagadeesha harey Swaami Jaya Jagadeesha harey
Bhakta janon key sankata, daas jano key sankata,
Kshana mein door Karey – Om Jaya Jagadeesha harey..
Salutation to Thee, O Lord of the universe,
Thou, who, in an instant, removes the sorrows and problems, of those who love Thee!
Salutations unto Thee!
Jo Dhyaavey Phala Paavey Dukha Vinasey Mana kaa
Sukha Sampati Ghara Aavey, Kashta Mitey Tana kaa –
Om Jaya Jagadeesha harey…
Thou reward Thy devotees, who sing Thy praise, by removing their mental afflictions.
Joy, prosperity and health enter the homes of those who pray to Thee!
Maat Pitaa Tum Merey Sharana Gahoon kiski
Tum Bin Aur na Doojaa Aash karoon Jiski – Om Jaya…
Thou art my Mother and Father, whose refuge I seek;
There is no one else beside Thee, who I could really count on!
Tuma Purana Paramaatmaa
Tuma Antaryaami Par-Brahma Parameshvara
Tuma Sabake Swami – Om Jay…
Thou art Complete and Perfect! There is nothing hidden from Thee!
Thou art Perfect, Eternal, Absolute. The Lord of all Creation!
Tuma Karunaa Ke Saagar Tuma Paalana Kartaa
Mai moorakh khal-kaami
Mai Sevaka Tum Swami Kripaa Karo Bharataa – Om Jay…..
Thou art an Ocean of Compassion, Thou art the Protector of all,
I am ignorant, O Lord! I am but your Servant, while Thou art my Master!
Do Have Mercy on me!
Tum Ho Ek Agochara Sabkey Praanapati
Kisa Vidhi Miloon Dayaamaya Tuma ko main kumati – Om Jay……
Thou art the One. The Real Essence. The Life of all lives.
How do we unite?
I, who am so ignorant, and Thou who art All Merciful?
Deena Bandhu Dukha Harataa Thaakur Tum merey Swaami Rakshaka tum Mere
Apney haath uthaao, apney charan lagaao, Dwaar para main terey, Om Jay……
Thou, art the Succour of the oppressed, and the Remover of pain and sorrow.
Thou art my Protecting Force!
I beseech Thee to Raise Thy hand, so that I surrender to Thee!
Vishaya Vikaar Mitaao Paap Haro Devaa
Shraddhaa Bhakti Badhaao Santan Ki Sevaa – Om Jay…..
Help me to get rid of my imperfections and vices,
Bless me with increasing faith, and spirit of service to the devout!
Tan Man sab tera, sab kuchh hai tera,
Tera tujhko arpan, kyaa laagey mera. Om Jay……
All that I possess belongs to Thee,
I offer Thee what in reality is Thine, As nothing is truly mine!
THE ESSENCE OF THE GITA
- WHY DO YOU WORRY UNNECESSARYILY? FROM WHOM DO YOU FEAR? WHO CAN KILL YOU? THE ATMA IS NOT BORN, NOR DOES IT DIE.
- WHATEVER HAPPENS, IT IS FOR THE GOOD, WHATEVER IS HAPPENING, IT IS ALSO GOOD. WHAT HAPPENS, THAT TOO WILL BE GOOD. YOU DO NOT REPENT FOR THE PAST. DO NOT WORRY FOR THE FUTURE. THE PRESENT IS GOING ON.
- WHAT HAS GONE OF YOURS THAT YOU ARE CRYING? WHAT DID YOU BRING WITH YOU THAT YOU HAVE LOST? WHAT DID YOU GIVE BIRTH TO, THAT IT HAS BEEN DESTROYED? NO YOU DID NOT BRING ANYTHING WITH YOU, WHATEVER YOU TOOK YOU TOOK FROM HERE. WHATEVER YOU GAVE YOU GAVE FROM HERE. YOU HAVE COME EMPTY HAND AND WILL GO EMPTY HAND. WHAT IS TODAY YOURS – IT WAS YESTERDAY SOMEONE ELSES, THE DAY AFTER IT WILL BE OF SOMEONE ELSE. YOU ARE THINKING IT IS YOURS AND ARE BEING HAPPY. WELL THIS HAPPINESS IS THE CAUSE OF YOUR SORROW.
- CHANGES ARE THE WORLD’S SPECIALITY. WHAT YOU CONSIDER AS DEATH IS ACTUALLY THE LIFE. IN ONE SECOND YOU ARE A MASTER OF CRORES, NEXT SECOND YOU ARE A BEGGAR. MINE – YOURS, SMALL – BIG, OURS – THEIRS, REMOVE THIS FROM YOUR MIND, REMOVE FROM YOUR THINKING, THEN YOU HAVE EVERYTHING, YOU BELONG TO EVERYONE.
- NO THIS BODY TOO IS NOT YOURS – NOR YOU ARE FOR THE BODY. THIS IS MADE FROM FIRE, WATER, WIND, EARTH AND SKY AND WILL MERGE IN IT.
- BUT THE ATMA IS PERMANENT, THEN WHAT ARE YOU?
- YOU SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE LORD. THIS IS THE BEST SUPPORT. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THIS SUPPORT, THEY ARE FOREVER FREE FROM FEAR, WORRY, AND SORROW.
- WHATEVER YOU DO, OFFER IT TO THE LORD. BY DOING SO YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE EXPERIENCE OF LIFE FREEDOM HAPPINESS.
“TEACHINGS OF LORD KRISHNA”
this page from -> http://www.s-a-i.info